Pages

September 30, 2014

Filled Under:

Only in Greece - Cop by day, priest by night!

In the afternoon Priest Konstantinos Spanos serves at the Church of the Dormition of All-Holy Theotokos in Ilioupolis, and in the morning, from 7 a.m. he is on his beat as a junior lieutenant at the Attica Police Central Administration, says a report in Romfea.

He explains his stand on the matter in his interview with the Democratia Greek newspaper:
     “Since early childhood, my time spent in church was the most inspiring and joyous time in my life. To help our parish priest during services was for me a special blessing of God. However, in spite of all my love for the Church, I resolved first to enter to the Greek Police service. But with the course of time I wished more and more to dedicate myself to the ministry of preaching. Thus I decided to become a priest.”
Fr. Konstantinos has also noted that his choice was approved by his colleagues and church parishioners alike:
     “Their support was particularly important for me. I am grateful to God and to Archbishop Ieronymos II of Athens, who put himself in my place and blessed this form of ministry. I also won approval of my confessor and, of course, my spouse”. 
The articles posted on HellasFrappe are for entertainment and education purposes only. The views expressed here are solely those of the contributing author and do not necessarily reflect the views of HellasFrappe. Our blog believes in free speech and does not warrant the content on this site. You use the information at your own risk.